With the new year officially underway, there are many things to look forward to. Here at Court Names, Inc. we’ve narrowed down the 5 top trends for you to watch for over the coming year. To start, a recent social media study conducted at Duke University reported that most business marketing budgets allocate about 10% of their funds to social media spending—and that number is estimated to rise to 25% over the next five years. Soon to come are new tools that will make tracking the impact of social media marketing easier. And you have the networking sites on your side—they are all trying to make it easier for you to engage with the customer. That means you will be able to measure your ROI on specific posts or Tweets.
This is what to look forward to as we prepare for what 2015 might have to offer:
- Evolution of customer service: phones and social media working together. Lots of companies have reported that there are considerable benefits to handling customer service through social media outlets. Not only does it allow them to offer more one-on-one service, responses are faster than possible as with those through email or 800 numbers. What does that mean? Increased customer satisfaction. When social media is used in conjunction with traditional phone service to resolve issues, the process of handling problems becomes more steamlined.
- Ecommerce will play a bigger part in social networks. Facebook and Snapchat already have backend programming that will allow their members to transfer electronic funds to one another through their respective messaging features. It’s really only a small leap from there before they allow merchants and businesses to offer payment options through their sites as well. This will let companies bypass the charge posed by traditional credit card interchange fee, leaving more money in your pocket.
- At last! Tools that can track sales from Tweets. New analytics software will now make it possible to identify from which social networking site the most traffic and clicks. Very soon you will be able to see which specific posts or Tweets have culminated in direct sales.
- It will cost more to stay relevant on Facebook. Everyday your potential clients have their newsfeeds flooded with tons of new content. With a paid ad on Facebook, the chances of your advertisement being seen greatly improve. The social media mogul is encouraging businesses to use “paid social ads”, which show up as posts instead of side ads.
- The most prevalent innovations in social media might already be in use. With all the recent changes in technology, employees at every level of “the company” are seeking ways to make their tasks more streamlined and allow them to perform their jobs better. Many apps offer the basic version of the program for free, which enables people to “test drive” newer software with no out of pocket expense. This means that the next greatest social media tool might already be in use somewhere in your office.
So over the next few months, keep your eyes out for new changes and technologies that will help streamline your business processes. If you can’t seem to get a handle on the social networks or simply don’t have the time to devote to it, we’re here to help! We offer comprehensive social media maintenance packages that give you all the benefits of posting, blogging, and Tweeting without the time-suck on your part. Give us a call at Court Names, Inc. today at 856-470-8768 to start off your 2015 marketing campaign with a bang! Don’t’ miss out on 60% of your potential client base by ignoring social media.